Bored of using your iPhone to post on Instagram? In this blog you will know how to post on Instagram from a pc. iPad too cumbersome to carry around or perhaps you spend most of the day behind a personal computer? Using Instagram isn’t just limited to your App. on your cell phone or tablet. You can post on Instagram from a PC, it’s just getting to grips with the differences between doing that and posting using your fingertips, on your smartphone. This guide gives you all the information you need on how to post pictures on Instagram from a pc. If you don’t have Instagram, download it here:.
Using a PC to post on Instagram is relatively easy but you will be limited in what you can do. For example, you can only post images and videos. You won’t be able to use the Instagram Stories feature, IGTV or reels. You also won’t be able to start a live video – but at least you can post images and videos from a PC.
To learn how to post on Instagram from a PC, start by accessing Instagram via your computer, use the web address Instagram.com and log in using your details. Once you’re into your account, you’ll be able to browse as usual, but it will look slightly different to your iPhone or iPad feed (although it’s still pretty similar and easy to navigate). You’ll be able to watch other people’s stories (and reply to them), search using the hashtag icon and look for other users, check your feed, comment on posts, like Instagram posts, reply to your messages, look at your notifications and post videos and photographs to your profile. If you have a Mac, you can also perform all of the above Instagram features.
Here’s How to Post on Instagram from a PC
Follow the steps below to learn how to post on Instagram from a PC
- Open your desktop browser
- Visit Instagram.com and login using your credentials
- Locate the + button, in the top bar on your screen
- Then, you’ll see a popup
- Choose “Select from computer”
- Select the image you want to upload
- Make any changes, if you want to, so zoom in, crop it or add more media
- Use the filters, if you want to (you don’t have to)
- Use a caption, if you want to
- Add a location or switch the comments to off if you don’t want anyone commenting
- Click on “Share”
How to Post Videos on Instagram from PC
As well as images, you can also upload your videos to Instagram using a PC. Actually, this is a great skill to learn because you can edit videos from your desktop and make them look even more attractive than the editing features found on your iPhone, iPad or other smartphone/tablet.
- Go to Instagram.com from your PC
- Log in using your credentials
- Locate the “+” button, it’s next to the DM icon
- Click o the + button (as if you’re uploading an image)
- Then select the video you want using the “Select from computer” prompt (it’s best to choose an MP4 file)
- Resize your video if necessary (there are two options, change the aspect radio or add more media)
- Make any necessary adjustments, such as adding a caption, location or adjusting the cover photo for the video (you’ll be given the option on Instagram to do this and you simply upload as you would upload an image)
- Next, click on share and your video will be up and running ready for your followers to enjoy!
As a word of caution, for videos less than 10 minutes long, your file shouldn’t be any larger than 650MB in size. For larger videos, up to one hour, aim for no more than 3.6GB. We’re sure you’re happy now you know how to post on Instagram from a PC!
So there you have it, everything you need to know on how to post on Instagram from a PC. Have a go and see how easy it is, it certainly gives you a bigger screen to work with, which means you can easily spot any errors or areas that you want to adjust, delete or subtly change.